Post of Senior Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and Social Sciences with HONG KONG METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY (HKMU)
Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technologies to deliver world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To lead the development of higher education in GBA, HKMU worked closely with Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval from the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We now invite the appropriate candidate (s) to join us in the School of Arts and Social Sciences for the following position (s):
Senior Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Ref: 21002CT)
Main tasks and responsibilities
The person appointed will be primarily responsible for the following tasks:
- planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom instruction) of social science courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- assume a key role in the development of specially designed basic university and general education courses;
- participate in scholarly activities, school / university activities and administration; and
- perform any other task assigned to it.
Applicants should have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- an advanced degree, preferably an acquired doctorate, in social sciences or a related discipline;
- prior knowledge of the Hong Kong education sector and good academic and professional network
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- relevant teaching experience in higher education institutions will be a definite advantage.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and skills in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
General conditions for making an appointment
An attractive compensation package, including base salary, termination pay and discretionary incentive compensation, if applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who wish to join us can submit their application through the University’s electronic recruitment system. https://hkmu.taleo.net/careersection/ex_non_full_time/jobapply.ftl?lang=en&job=21002CT
Application deadline: January 23, 2022
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of studying your application for a job. For more details, please refer to the “Personal Information (Privacy) Notice for Job Seekers” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks of the closing date for applications, you can assume that your application is unsuccessful.