Top 10 deep learning trends and predictions to watch in 2022
by Sayantani Sanyal
December 24, 2021
Deep learning is one of the most attractive branches of machine learning dominating the tech industry
AI and machine learning are seen as the foundations of technological transformation in modern industry. Incorporating machine learning algorithms into business operations has made businesses smarter and more efficient. As the next paradigm shift in computing is underway, the evolution of deep learning has also caught the attention of industry specialists and tech giants. Currently, deep learning technology is an integral part of global industries. Artificial neural networks are at the heart of the deep learning revolution. Deep learning trends predicted by experts reveal that this advancement in ML and its adjacent technologies has minimized overall error rates and also improved network performance for a particular task. In this article, we take a look at the top deep learning predictions and trends that tech enthusiasts can watch for in 2022.
- Independent deep learning: Even though DL has excelled in many areas, the reliance of technology on huge amounts of data and computing power has always been one of its limitations. But the year 2022 could see the integration of unsupervised learning into DL, where instead of training a system with labeled data, it is trained to self-label the data itself using raw forms of information.
- Integration of hybrid models: The year 2022 could witness the convergence of symbolic AI and deep learning. Symbolic AI initially dominated the technological field in the 70s or 80s, where the machine learned to interpret its environment by creating internal symbolic representations of the problem and analyzing human decisions for the same. These hybrid models will aim to harness the benefits of symbolic AI and integrate it with deep learning for enhanced solutions.
- Using deep learning in neuroscience: Several research operations in neurology have revealed that the human brain is made up of neural nerves. These artificial neural networks in the computer are synonymous with the ones humans have in their brains. With the help of this phenomenon, scientists and researchers have been able to discover thousands of remedies and theories in neurology. Deep learning provided the much needed boost neuroscience needed long ago.
- Full stack deep learning: We are moving towards a future where the demand for full-stack deep learning will continue to grow. This will result in the creation of various frameworks and libraries that will allow technical users and engineers to automate shipping tasks and various other activities. It will also help engineers adapt quickly to new business needs and processes.
- General accusatory networks (GAN): GANs provide an approach to generative modeling using deep learning algorithms and convolutional neural networks. It produces samples that can be used to check network discriminating and unwarranted content in order to balance processes and increase accuracy.
- System deep learning 2: Experts believe that the 2 DL system will allow the generalization of data dissemination. Currently, systems must train and test datasets with a similar distribution. The 2 DL system will make this possible by using real world data, which is also non-uniform.
- Immerse yourself in the use of convolutional neural networks: CNN models are widely used in computer vision activities such as identifying objects, faces and images. But in addition to CNNs, human visual systems can also recognize them from different backgrounds, angles, and views. When trying to identify images in real-world object datasets, CNNs experience a 40-50% performance drop.
- Increased use of on-board intelligence: Edge intelligence transforms the way data is acquired and processed. It converts procedures from cloud data storage devices to the edge. The advent of EI made data storage devices somewhat independent by bringing decision making closer to the data source.
- Multimodal learning in DL: AI has improved in multimodalities within a single ML model, such as text, vision, speech, and other technologies. Developers are now trying to integrate these modalities into machine learning and deep learning to improve networking and task efficiency.
- Higher level of NLP: Currently, ML-based NLP is in its infancy. But currently, there is no such algorithm that will allow NLP systems to identify the meanings of different words in different situations and act accordingly. Implementing DL will increase the efficiency of these NLP systems and help machines quickly understand customer requests.
Share this article
About the Author
More info about the author