Transfer Talk – Dortmund drops Jadon Sancho transfer price amid Manchester United ties
With most of the great European seasons now over, the rumor mill has been put to the test as clubs reflect on their moves ahead of what will be a busy transfer window. Check out the latest gossip below, and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Dortmund drops Sancho transfer price
Borussia Dortmund lowered their asking price for Jadon Sancho, with the Mirror reporting that the Bundesliga club will demand a fee of £ 81.5million for all clubs interested in landing a much-requested England winger.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– Euro 2020 on ESPN: Stream LIVE matches and replays (US only)
Sancho was previously valued at around £ 108million last summer when Manchester United were negotiating with Dortmund, but the latest asking price could see talks moving closer to a deal in the coming days.
Fabrice Romano confirmed that the Premier League club have already resumed negotiations with the Dortmund hierarchy and responding to demands from the German club would shatter the club’s transfer fee record which saw Harry Maguire move to Old Trafford for £ 80million in 2019. The Italian journalist also confirmed that there has been no move from Liverpool yet despite reported interest from Jurgen Klopp’s side.
The former academy prospect of Watford and Manchester City remained a key part of Dortmund’s success last season, with 16 goals and 14 assists in all competitions.
– Sparta Rotterdam Abdou Harroui is attracting interest from several Premier League clubs, according to Football Insider. Leeds United and Brighton have joined the race for the central midfielder who recently competed in the European Under-21 Championships with the Netherlands, and with the 23-year-old terminating his contract next summer, interested clubs could negotiate a price cut to secure its services.
– Arsenal would be ready to leave Edward Nketiah go for £ 20million this summer, according to Football Insider. Leeds United had previously been interested in the forward who was on loan with Marcelo Bielsa’s side in the league, although the Gunners’ latest position on the 22-year-old may spark interest from clubs in the market for an attacker.
– Young Barcelona Ilaix Moriba is set to receive a new contract from the club, according to Marca. Previously, it had been suggested that Barca were looking to sell the 18-year-old prospect, but now it looks like the midfielder is part of Ronald Koeman’s plans for next season. Ilaix played 14 times for Barcelona last season while contributing three goals.
– Tottenham Hotspur turn to Ajax Amsterdam manager Erik Ten Hag, reports the Mirror. Ten Hag is the latest name linked to replacing Jose Mourinho after Daniel Levy’s talks with Antonio Conté is broken down. The Spurs hierarchy is believed to be a longtime admirer of the Dutch manager after facing his side Ajax in their run to the Champions League final in 2019.
– Carlo Ancelotti has set his sights on the Sevilla FC defender Jules Koundé as one of his first signings as manager of Real Madrid. That’s according to Foot Mercato who says signing a center-back is a priority for the Italian boss this season, although a deal for the France international would cost around € 80million.
– Bournemouth are considering adding left back cover with Colombian full-back Gabriel Fuentes on the radar. The Sun report that fees could be as low as £ 1.3million to secure the signing of the left-back who currently plays for Colombia’s team Atletico Junior. The 24-year-old made 24 appearances last season.
– Liverpool defender Neco williams is on the radar of Norwich City and Burnley, according to TeamTalk. Both clubs are reportedly interested in a loan deal for the 20-year-old right-back which has covered Trent Alexander-Arnold and was recently selected for Wales’ Euro 2020 squad.